Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Why Do I Always Wait In Line? Lessons From Starbucks

Another day, another airport.  I am getting ready to board a flight to Pennsylvania and I just have to get my caffeine fix. So Do I go to the nearest generic airport coffee stand? No, I go to the nearest Starbucks.  It never fails the lines are long and people are willing to wait for this overpriced caffeinated concoctions. As I wait in line I wonder why Starbucks has done so well in creating such a loyal following. Below is how I think they have done it.  While you are reading this...think about your business and how you can apply some of these principles to your daily practices.

  1. Polite Greeting
  2. Consistent Product Quality
  3. They are Staffed Properly at All Times
  4. Clean Locations
  5. All Employees / Baristas are Dressed Consistently
Although you may think that you already do the above things well. Ask yourself if EVERYONE in your company does them well.  Once that happens you can become more like Starbucks

    Happy Selling

    Land

    No comments:

    Post a Comment